RFID: COST OR INVESTMENT?
RFID is a very valuable business and tecnology tool, no doubts about it.
For many enterprises It’s more like a blind date: love at first sight or “it’s not gonna work“.
Sure thing, in the “real world” no businesses would ever spend money unless they expect to make money off that investment, a sort of “marriage of interest“.
Once in a while, “we land on our feet“: the benefits of RFID are impressive.
Here are the “Fabolous 4”:
- Improve the performances of core processes
- Speed up production and distribution
- Reduce human errors or avoid unnecessary risks
- Optimize costs
We understand that the key points above could be claimed by other technologies and eventually sound like a broken record to you.
It’s time now to go deeper then, to understand why we are not talking about “technological bullshits” but serious opportunities for your company to become more performing and profitable.
LET’S SIZE UP THE 2 MAIN BENEFITS OF RFID
1) REDUCE HUMAN INTERVENTION
Common applications require humans to scan objects with a barcode reader or read information by sight, exactly like in a “old generation” supermarket.
RFID has the potential to eliminate this human intervention, like in Decathlon stores.
RFID allows automatic tracking without needing people to count “things“, capture data or scan barcodes.
- dramatic reduction in operating costs;
- fewer errors;
- faster throughput;
- reduce returns;
- improve sales, customer service and loyalty.
We are saving time and money here, what else?
2) TRACKING ITEMS
RFID is able to track single items thanks to a globally unique identifier called TID (Tag IDentifier) and a user memory called EPC (Electronic ProductCode). That means:
- keeping precise account of each items;
- reducing investments on inventory;
- improving control on stocks along the entire Supply Chain;
- limiting losses and thefts;
- preventing counterfeiting;
- counting more items simultaneusly;
- capturing information in real time;
- achieving a real time information flow.
You have understood the main benefits of RFID that no other technology can offer.
The simple question now is: what are you wainting for?
EAGER TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RFID?
Stay tuned on inventag.it and our LinkedIn page.
For any further information our Inventag Team is glad to help:
write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to receive a monthly mail with our most recent RFID pills, just fill the form here below.